Warranty & Return Policy
We understand equipment failure can be a frustrating experience, we would appreciate your cooperation so that we can resolve any issues in the shortest possible time.
SALNEX COMPUTERS adhere to ACL Australian Consumer Law.
- All goods sold by SALNEX computers come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced or repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Therefore, as you can understand, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
Lodging a Warranty Claim
If a product purchased from SALNEX COMPUTER turns out to be faulty, we will strive to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- There will be no credit given on order price difference, due to price drops. Please select carefully at the time when you place your order.
- Returns for refund will only be accepted within 7 days of you receiving the goods. A restocking fee of upto 25% of the purchase price will be deducted. Returned goods must be in its original condition and include all the original packaging. Shipping and handling cost are not refundable. This return for refund policy is applicable for change of mind, and lack of expertise for installation etc. Please contact us and obtain a RA (Return Authorisation) number prior to returning anything. Goods must be shipped within 3 working days after the RA number is issued. Please understand we need to receive the goods in a timely fashion for us to return to the suppliers or to resell. Please refer to the warranty section for refund procedures regarding Dead On Arrival goods.
- Any incorrect, missing or damaged items received must be reported to Salnex Microsystems within 24 hours of you receiving the delivery. This can only be done by E-mail, Fax or Phone.
- If item(s) received is not what was ordered please do not open the sealed package in which it was sent. Any attempt to use the incorrect item will be deemed to be acceptance by the customer of the item(s) as a satisfactory substitute for the one that was ordered and no further claim can be raised thereafter.
- SALNEX MICROSYSTEMS owns the title of any extra goods shipped with your order that have been despatched in error.
Returning Faulty products for Warranty support
Here are the steps to take in order to lodge a warranty claim with us:
- As a first step we recommend contacting our technical support team either by phone or email even if you are sure the hardware is faulty as there may also be a known fix available to resolve the issue. Our support team can be contacted by using the contact us section on our website or by calling (03) 8311 7600 (option 2).
- If it’s established that there is a fault with the item we will arrange with you for the faulty goods to be returned back to SALNEX. When returning the item, either by shipping it or in person it is important to give us a detailed description of the fault, this will assist our support staff in finding and troubleshooting any suspected faults during the testing phase.
If you intend to ship the item back to us please follow the guidelines below:
o Ensure the hardware is packed well to avoid any in-transit damage.
o Mark the address noted below on the outside of the carton while paying attention to clearly display your order # or invoice number
o Please be sure to include a copy of your purchase invoice, as well as update to date contact information. We also require a description of the fault with the item. If you are unsure of exactly what to send back please contact us.
o Additional information on shipping can be found under section 7 below.
Returning non faulty products
In some situations SALNEX may elect to accept a return of a non-faulty product due to change of mind or for a similar reason, in these situations there may be a restocking fee chargeable, our restocking fee is typically 25%. Please note that it is up to the discretion of SALNEX if we choose to accept a return of a non-faulty product. For these types returns we will typically offer a credit note.
A restocking fee of 25% will be charged if a custom order is cancelled after it has been dispatched.
- Proof of purchase must be supplied with all items being returned, examples of a valid proof of purchase include, a copy of the original purchase invoice or a bank or credit card statement showing the transaction. SALNEX will be unable to provide warranty support if a valid proof of purchase cannot be provided.
- Goods arriving damaged due to poor packaging or misuse will not be accepted.
- Inadequately packaged goods may incur a $25 packaging fee on return.
- Goods returned charged (COD) to us will not be accepted.
- SALNEX cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during return transit.
- Under no circumstances will SALNEX ship out replacement goods before the warranty items have been received and checked by our technical support department.
- Product Assessment
Once proof of purchase and the fault has been established, the available remedy will depend on the nature of the fault. You are entitled to a refund or exchange if an item has a MAJOR problem.
This is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it.
- Is unsafe.
- Is significantly different from the sample or description.
- Doesn’t do what we said it wouldn’t or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we would compensate you for any drop in value.
If the problem is NOT MAJOR, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you are entitled to a refund or replacement.
If upon inspection, no fault is found with the product, or that the product been damaged due to misuse or neglect, we may charge you the costs incurred by us in connection with the assessment of your product, including any shipping costs.
If the product does not match its advertised description please contact us to arrange a return.
- When you are NOT entitled to a refund or exchange
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have the right to return a product and get a refund or exchange if the product does not meet certain consumer guarantees – for example, if the product is faulty.
You do not have a right to return a product if you:
- Changed your mind and no longer want the product
- Ordered the wrong product
- Found the product cheaper elsewhere
- Found a better product elsewhere
- Were aware of the relevant fault before buying the product (such as if the fault was written on the product’s tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online)
- Damaged the product by misusing it (such as if you dropped your mobile phone in water)
- Used the product for a long time and the problem is as a result of usual wear and tear.
- Shipping and Other Costs
Returning small, medium and large items.
- You are responsible for returning small and medium-sized items to SALNEX. If you bought the item online, this means you must initially pay the return postage, shipping or courier costs.
- Once we have the item, we will assess the problem. If the item has a major or minor fault, you are entitled to a refund of return costs.
- You are entitled to return a product if you believe that there is a problem. You are generally responsible for returning the product if it can be posted or easily returned. You are entitled to recover reasonable postage or transportation costs from the business if the product is confirmed to have a problem, so keep your receipts.
- If the product is found not to have problem, you may be required to pay the transport or inspection costs.
- Goods tested and found to be non-faulty will be returned at your cost. An estimate of these costs will be provided to you before the goods are returned.
- If the product returned is found to be non-faulty upon inspection, you will be charged a $45 testing fee, or 10% of RRP for products under $100.
Returning large or heavy items
SALNEX COMPUTERS will pay the return costs, or collect the item ourselves if:
- The item has a major or minor fault
- The item cannot be easily returned
- The return costs are significant.
- Return Address
Please use the address below to return products to us:
SALNEX MICROSYSTEMS PTY.LTD
35/326 SETTLEMENT ROAD
Attn: Online Warranty (order/ invoice#)
- Refund timeframe
Once we have ascertained that a refund needs be issued to you, it can take up to 2 weeks for the amount to be credited to your account.
All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Bank Transfers, cheques and debit cards will be refunded as bank transfers, PayPal payments will be credited back to the PayPal account concerned and credit card refunds are processed back onto the original credit card.